Crowberry for sale – Easy plant to grow with edible fruits, and also grown for the ornamental fruits and for the leaves, planting in winter to summer and better to buy plant or another option to start from seeds yet more challenging.
Crowberry – information before buying:
Growing information: perennial plant, growing hardiness zone: 2-6, water needed – big amount, light conditions – full sun to partial shade, height: 10-50 cm, 4-20 feet.
Blooming in the spring in bowl shaped flowers that appear in purple color.
Fruit harvesting in summer to autumn in round shaped fruit that appear in red, purple or black color, fruit can be eaten raw or used for: jam, juice, cakes, dried or leather fruits.
Alternative names: Empetrum nigrum, Rockberry, Curley berry, Kraaihei, Rock crowberry, Crakeberry, Mossberry
Crowberry for sale – Seeds or plants
Products from Amazon.com
Crowberry for sale – What is the best way to start seeds or plants? When it’s the season to buy seeds? Or plants?
Crowberry for sale
Crowberry for sale – better to buy plants, seed need cold burying for few month, and also it’s hard to ensure what kind of fruit will be, mostly when buying Crowberry its plants that started from cutting.
The season to buy the seeds it’s in the autumn because need to keep the seeds in cool temperature for few month need chill hours, for plants the season it’s winter to spring, better in early spring, when move the plant it’s better when the plant in dormancy or just start to grow.
Here are some growing tips you need to know:
- Uses – Crowberry can be used for health benefits. The branches are used for medicinal reasons as diuretic effect, can help to treat with kidney issues like stones, help for cold and diarrhea. The juice contains ophthalmic characteristics. Crowberry fruits are edible. Can be eaten cooked or raw and tastes like blueberry. Used for pies, jams, jellies, teas and drinks as wine and juices. They are an excellent source of fibers, coppers and antioxidants. They contain high levels of vitamin C and K.
- Storing – Berries can be stored for about 2 weeks in the fridge. Previously need to be washed and dried carefully.
- Habitats – Moors, top of the mountains, heathlands, open forests, bogs, rocky outcrops, sea-shores. It can grow on very poor soil.
- Species – The differences between the species are small. Northern crowberries are bisexual, the berries are numerous with a better flavor. Southern berries are unisexual.
- Harvesting – The fruits are picked up in the autumn. If the fruit is not picked up it can remain until the spring on the shrub and continue to be edible. The best is to harvest them after the first frosts, it improves the flavor.